Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Week 2 Provo MTC



Hey guys!
Man it is crazy how fast this week went by, even though it was a rough one. It started off great after my last p-day, but once Saturday came, it got tough. my lessons weren't going well with "investigators" and my Italian wasn't feeling so smooth. I was extremely discouraged and hard on myself about it.
During the devotional last night, Gregory A. Schwitzer of the Seventy spoke. He talked a lot about how we only have one shot, and to make it count. He went on to say how this isn't really about us. He said that if we quit on ourselves, we quit on the numerous amounts of investigators we could potentially reach in the field. this is exactly what I needed to hear.
Upon listening to that, and reading my Patriarchal blessing, I realized some very important things. I realized that these negative feelings I was experiencing were from Satan. I realized that every time I think I'm useless, I'm not- I'm called of God to do this. I realized that Satan wants me to give up and tell myself I cant do it. I realized that the stronger Satan works on me, the more potential he can see in me to change lives. I know I would not face this much opposition if I was doing the wrong thing. I know that I need to do this for the people in Italy. Even when I feel like crying and throwing in the towel, I need to remember that there are people in Italy counting on me to learn this language, so I can show them the path to eternal happiness. As it says in the scriptures, every man should hear the Gospel in their own tongue.
I just want to thank all of you for your prayers. I can feel them. I am praying and fasting hard for the gift of tongues over here!
All in all, this week isn't too exciting, I'm still in the MTC learning and what not. I just look back on my days and realize that without these amazing elders in my district and zone, I wouldn't be able to make it through. These guys are amazing and I honestly love them like brothers. In closing, I would just like to share a short story. This elder from Syria, the first one ever, bore his testimony in mission conference on Sunday. He told an amazing story of how he had to fight SO much opposition, JUST to go to church!! He had to leave his family and live in Lebanon because his dad was being monitored by the Syrian government and couldn't even communicate with the church.  This elder moved to Lebanon, got the Melchizedek priesthood.  His mom was brutally injured by Syrian officials and was told she would never eat normal food or talk again because of her mouth and jaw. He went to hospital and gave his first priesthood blessing to her. He said she would be healed. the next day the doctors told him she had a 95% chance of full recovery. He bore his testimony on the power of faith. I want to tell you that I know for a fact, you can do ANYTHING through Christ. Just believe.

Love you guys,
Anziano Blaise 
Elder Jordan Penner from my home ward in Brentwood

Provo Temple


New dorm room

new dorms

It's close to the real thing!


Anziano selfie

No comments:

Post a Comment