Saturday, July 11, 2015

(Week 24) Life's Good.... still

What's up errbody!??
Alright, so once again no crazy stories to tell, but it was another
solid week, as they all are. Since I pretty much haven't written in my
journal since about...4 weeks ago, I have to rely on memory to tell
you guys what I did throughout the week (sorry I'm a horrible person
haha). So instead of being boring and wasting space taking you hour by
hour each day of the week, I'll just go over some "highlights" I guess
you could say...
Ok, so as you all know I was emergency transferred like, 2 weeks ago I
think. But Saturday we got transfer calls for this Thursday and they
told us that both me and Zappettini (my comp) are staying!! I was
pretty sure this would be the case, but I'm glad they confirmed it.
The only change happening in our district is Sister Marsh is going home
tomorrow because she finished her mission. So basically I'm stoked
because I love it here and I love my comp and my district--they're
sooo cool. I talked to President last Sunday when he was in our branch
for church and he implied he was gonna have me (and maybe Zappettini)
stay here in Crotone for a little while because "that's what the Lord
needs for the time being" so I'm pretty glad to know that I've still
got some decent time here 😌 it's just getting hotter and more humid
by the day out here. Never a cloud in the sky and always humid as heck
since we're right by the water. On Tuesday and Thursday we taught
English course, as always, and this one girl came back both times! The
reason I'm/we're so excited is because we met her and her parents on
the lungomare/beach walk one evening and they're extremely cool people
with a ton of potential to accept the Gospel. And, the easiest way for
us to get to the parents is through English course, and if the
daughter keeps coming then so will the parents. Yeah it's like pulling
teeth just to get a first lesson out here in Italy but hey, gotta do
whatcha gotta do haha. Our 2 investigator's with baptism dates are looking
great. One of them is having health issues but we're praying for her.
They have some legal stuff to sort out before they get baptized so we
fasted with and for them so they could finish in time for their baptism
date. But things are coming along and their faith is unwavering. We
have tons of potentials that we look forward to trying to start
something with this week, so wish us luck. We spent a couple days
doing a lot of publicity for our English course because it's suuperr
small and we need more people big time. So we went around putting up
posters on random walls and poles that didn't look illegal lol and we
went into some bars and stores and got permission to put our posters
outside on their windows. We attached a bunch of those little paper
thingies to the posters that have our contact info on it and people
can tear one off for themselves. We went around today to do some
things and in the meantime we noticed that like a ton of those paper
thingies are torn off so that's a good sign. We also got a phone call
from a couple people about it and once we confirmed that it is in fact
free, they seemed certain they would come haha. English course is
honestly so fun and such an effective way to find people to teach. So
I'm stoked for this. We're continuing to visit members both active and
less-active to try and build friendships and get referrals and it's
coming along. We're also trying hard to mend some of the wounds that
were created not too long ago, before we both got here, within the
branch. There's a bunch of hard feelings between the members and the
branch is almost split, so we're trying to fix that because it's been
ruining a lot. We've also been getting a significant amount of people
stopping US on the street lately and asking us questions about our
church or what not so that's a pretty cool change. We've got some cool
things planned for finding methods this week so I'm excited. One of
which is called "football finding" haha essentially just throwing
around the football on the beach and playing with the random kids that
wanna join. Apparently, it's pretty effective out here when 2 Americans
are seen playing football haha so we'll see. We're also organizing a
youth activity this week...beach volleyball 😏🌊🌅 idk if we'll be
able to participate yet but I hope so hahaha. We're trying really hard
to expand the youth out here because there's like 2 in the whole
branch. Oh my gosh, I almost forgot to mention the fact that we ate
FuFu again on Friday...! I LOVE FuFu. It's like the best African food
ever. There's a lot of Africans here and some in the branch and on
Friday we went to a new converts house with all their African "family"
and we had FuFu together and it was bomb lol.
Well, that's pretty much all I got for this week haha. I'm really
excited for what the next transfer has in store. I miss and love you
guys a ton! God is good. No God, no happiness. Know God, know
happiness.

Ciao ciao for now 🇮🇹

Anziano Zappettini and I in our cooking aprons

this is why I don't buy peanut butter out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment