Sunday, April 17, 2016

I'm gettin old smh.... (041116)

Well guys,

Just wanna say thank you to all of you who wished me a happy birthday, it means a lot that you remembered ;) luckily my birthday is on a p-day so I'll be able to go hard for the big 2️⃣1️⃣ haha. Today we're going to Catania as well as pretty much the whole zone so we can play soccer and eat bomb food and kick it with each other, and it just happens to fall on my bday, pretty good present if you ask me. Btw I'm typing this thing on our bus ride to Catania so when I send it there's a good chance we will have already done said things.

This week was a good one, real good one. Things are still going great with Noemi; we're supposed to see her and her mom his week! Carmelo is killing it and came to church for the first time in a long time and he felt good. He's a lot better than he was a couple weeks ago. So glad to see him doing what he knows he needs to do.

We did an "exchange" this past Friday/Saturday here in Ragusa with the district leader and his comp. I was with the district leader, Anziano Holbrook from Sacramento, CA and my greenie was with his comp Anziano Davidson. To sum up the exchange:
-Friday we were going around trying to contact less actives that didn't have a phone number, so we just showed up as a surprise at their house
-one dude wasn't there but his wife was and she went crazy on us and screamed at us and told us to get the heck out of [here] and I was just like ok wth we didn't do anything so as we walked out of the apartment complex I said "grazie, troppa gentile. Buona giornata :)" as she was screaming at us hahaha if you don't understand it just plug it in to google translate I'm sure it'll give a somewhat accurate translation.
-then we met some "Christian missionary" dude in the street that thought he spoke English so he kept speaking to us in English even tho we were speaking Italian (he didn't speak too well). Anyway, this dude just started going off on us telling us how messed up our religion is because we have the Book of Mormon and believe in a living prophet and so forth. Basically he kept contradicting himself and I was getting pretty dang offended at his mocking remarks towards the only true church of Jesus Christ. It's whatever tho, we ended up just telling him we're here when he's ready to know the truth and then we just left haha.
-we also saw some guys about 18 years old driving in their car blasting music and smoking and drinking (they were obviously too cool to listen to missionaries 😉) but their window was down and they were stopped so we went and talked to them and gave them an English course card and they saw the name Jesus Christ written on it and laughed at us and ripped up the card. Man I got so upset like seriously make fun of us Americans all you want but you go and make fun of the Savior of humanity, Jesus Christ? Nah, not cool. So they just drove off laughing after that and I felt pretty bad that I couldn't tell them what was up before they left. But I guess they'll find out one day...

-Saturday we went to Comiso, a town like 25 mins out by car that has some members there, mainly less actives.
-we went to go try and see some less actives, didn't have much luck
-met some SICK people there tho
-we met and talked with a guy named Talel from Tunisia as well as his friend, they're both Muslim but they're very interested in what we have to say and we promised to return with a Book of Mormon in Arabic and Italian for both of them. They also wanna quit smoking. We got some real good hopes for Talel
-we also came across this couple in the street and they were prob both my age. They want a Book of Mormon so we're stoked for that.

Pretty much it's been a good week. Many things have happened and we're seeing some good potential for this city. I love you all, and I think about you guys all the time. Have a great week and I'm gonna try my best to thank you each individually for the birthday wishes you've extended my way :)

Ciao ciao!

Anziano Carter Blaise
Via Michelangelo Buonarroti 201
97100 Ragusa, RG
Italia

Inviato da iPad


Our "Ward mission leader" and his familyare like my 2nd family out here.  They had us over for lunch and made my fave stuff and made me a cake and sang and they even bought me a gift.. wth


this ones for Matt

Sprinklin' dat $


Carmelo, and investigator

We was cookin sumn

An investigator Noemi and her friend




1 comment:

  1. Hey Carter, it's Imani! You popped into my head and I thought I would check in and see how you were doing. I'm really glad to hear you doing well, and I'll do my best to check up on you in the weeks to come. Track has been RIDICULOUS lol and I really miss you breaking up the tension. I hope you had a great birthday!! Ciao ✌��️

    ReplyDelete