Monday, September 19, 2016

Baptism in the Mediterranean Sea

This week was a good one—we had a baptism on Saturday! It was my first sea 🌊 baptism so that was pretty sweet.
We became super homies with an English course student that is 26 and "is religious" so we'll see how that goes when we meet with her tonight! Hoping some good things because the group at Caltanissetta here reeeeeally needs some youth to it haha. Also, our two main and best friends we're teaching finally got back from Rome! Unfortunately, they're busy til Saturday, but we can't wait to finally meet up again and talk about these big new changes they can make in their lives 😌
On Wednesday we had a mission conference. But since our mission is geographically HUGE, they split it up into sections. So all of us on the island of Sicily got together and met in Palermo Wednesday morning for a nice 5 hour conference with Elder Kearon! I believe he's Area President of Europe now if I'm not mistaken. It was awesome. I honestly learned a lot more than I thought I would. He said some real #key things that I needed to hear to help me clearly see exactly what I could do to be a better missionary, and a better person. He talked a lot about turning outward as Christ would, and how especially in our mission, every hour of the day should be filled with something productive that benefits OTHERS. We gotta always be thinking outwardly, "what can I do to bless the lives of others?" It was good stuff. I'm not even close to perfect on this, but I'm gonna try, I've committed to it.
Anyway, I love you all and hope you enjoy your week and recognize at least a fraction of what God has done and is doing for you, cuz it's a lot.

Love you all! πŸ‘‹πŸ½✊πŸ½πŸ™πŸ½❤️

 Nadia's baptism

Nadia's baptism


Nadia's baptism was so cool...the waves kept coming and she's like never been in the sea so she was just taking the waves to the face...and after like 3 minutes of trying to start the ordinance we finally go, "alright, we gotta start before another wave comes, ready? And as soon as I put my arm to the square to pronounce the words, the waves stopped completely.  Then as soon as I said, "amen" a perfect wave came.  So she was able to be fully immersed without a problem.







Indian Figs

Found this in Sicily!! :) best pizza outside of Napoli for sure.  It's a place called Rosso Pomodoro

We split up into 3 teams of 6..our team destroyed!! :-) We divided by districts.



Anziano Nielsen is in the middle, my ex comp, and all of us in the pic have been his comp at some point in his mission.


No comments:

Post a Comment