Alright so I'm pretty sure I let you all know last week that I would
be getting transferred to Ragusa on Thursday. Well, it happened!
Leaving Foggia was literally almost as hard as leaving home to come on
a mission, almost the same. I know I sound crazy, and like I may be
downplaying my fam, but I'm not. Foggia is probably in the top 5 least
attractive areas of my entire mission, yet I woulda gave anything to
stay. I was in Foggia for just about 6 months. It grew on me so much I
honestly thought of it as my second home. The thought of leaving never
crossed my mind because I didn't know what life was like to be outside
of Foggia. All in all, it was rough news for me to hear I was getting
transferred. But i did it.
Saying goodbyes was real hard, especially to the youth of the ward,
and Loris and Roberta (the two I baptized like 3 weeks ago). I hope so
bad that we can see each other again and hang out, because we really
did become dang near best friends. man...
Well here I am in Ragusa, Sicily, not too far from Africa haha. I
thought it'd would be fairly warm because of that, but its not! We're
up in the mountains so we get some serious wind and cold air :) It's
sooo pretty though, wow. The prettiest place I have ever seen. I spend
so much time marveling at the beauty that I forget to take pics, and I
even get lost. Pics honestly don't do this place justice. But Sicily!
man this is a different country haha. People look a little different
here and they speak different, and their food is even a little
different...but sooooooooo good!!!! My gosh guys I can't tell you
enough how bomb the food is down here. Canoli and arancini are famous
in Sicily, and holy freak are they good. Hopefully I can learn some
Siciliano dialect during my stay as well ;)
Not too much else to talk about...oh! Yeah it was about 14 hours of
travel to get to my area haha. Took a train to Bari, then a bus to
Reggio Calabria which got on a ferry to take us to Messina, Sicily,
then it took us to Catania, and then I took another bus from Catania
to Ragusa. Quite a day you could say.
My new comp is a good guy. ight guys, love and
miss you. I wanna hear from you all!
Ciao ciao
-cb
| Iblea, a small part of Ragusa. We do lots of proselyting her believe it or not haha |
| Alleyway next to our apartment |
| Corso Italia..a "busy" street in Ragusa |
| Ferry ride to Sicily |
| Italiano |
| Bus ride..long day of travel |
| "SPUMA is soooooo good!" |
| re-united! He's in my zone now! Saw him Thursday and Sunday |
| Our church! |
| From my new apartment balcony...bad pic but trust me the view is better than it seems |
| The Dicarola family (most of them) This was my last Sunday in Foggia |
| Some of the English course squad The District of Foggia...miss em |
| Simone!!! Mamma mia I miss this kid |
| more goodbyes ..classic Italian :-) |
| Roberta's mom |
| saying goodbye |
| Saying goodbye to the Maggiolino Fam! |
| saying goodbye to Loris and Roberta |
| The Guastella family |
| YUM |
| He's from my MTCgroup, saw him on my way down to Ragusa. |
No comments:
Post a Comment